• The high-reward tagging component
of the Northeast Regional Cod Tagging Program began in May 2004.
• The high-reward tagging study
is open to the general public. (Employees of the
Gulf of Maine Research Institute and the Northeast Regional Cod
Tagging Program partner organizations are not eligible
for rewards from high-reward tags.)
• The reward for returning a
high-reward tag is $100. All reward checks are
issued by the Gulf of Maine Research Instutitute (GMRI).
• Checks can only be issued once
the GMRI is in possession of the following from
each tag being reported:
||The actual high-reward tag
||The Essential Tag Recapture Information (ETRI)
• The Essential Tag Recapture Information
(ETRI) includes the following four criteria:
• There will be a reward for each tag returned
with all ETRI (i.e. an individual who supplies both the
tags and ETRI for three tags is
eligible for a reward of $300).
• All high-reward tags will be
rewarded within 30 days of being received by GMRI.
• The high-reward tagged cod was recaptured/found
less than 2 days after the original tag and release event.
• The recapture was by the same
vessel which originally released the tag, and less than 8 days after
the original tag and release event.
Last updated May